Natalia Lomeiko and Yuri Zhislin

Fabulous Strings

The exceptional Lomeiko-Zhislin Duo return to Breinton, this time to kick start Summer at Breinton, our brand-new season of open-air recitals.  The husband and wife duo, both blessed with enviable technical skills and abundant musicality, form a harmonious partnership and are true messengers of chamber music.  The duo’s carefully chosen programme for us is well suited to celebrate this very special event.

The main performance will be preceded by three local young musicians.  Siblings Imaan and Jamaal Kashim will delight as a duo on violin and harp.  Conservatoire student Laura MacDonald, whose earlier matinee recital was cancelled, will also play solo cello pieces.

Buy Tickets

Music on arrival (from 3:15 pm)

• Imaan Kashim, violin
  • Jamaal Kashim, harp

• Laura MacDonald, cello

Main performance (from 4:00 pm)

• Natalia Lomeiko, violin
  • Yuri Zhislin, viola & violin

• Bach: A selection of two part Inventions for violin and viola
  • Mozart: Duo in G major KV 423

• Prokofiev: Sonata for two violins Op. 56

• Haendel/Halvorsen: Passacaglia for violin and viola

Recital Format

• Performances on Saturday with postponement to Sunday in case of bad weather
  • Please do not arrive before 3 pm but you are welcome to arrive after this time and enjoy the garden
  • First act music will be performed from 3:15 pm
  • Main performance from 4 pm for one hour
  • Bring your own rugs, deck chairs or borrow one of our blue recital chairs
  • Picnics, including food and drink, welcomed
  • Advance car park bookings required
  • Additional guests, in the same household and vehicle, are welcome on the day; please pay by cash or cheque on arrival. No change will be available
  • An outdoor, socially distanced event, following COVID-Secure protocol.

Recital Tickets

• Tickets are £15 for Adults
  • Children, where in the same household group, are free.

Parking Guidelines

• Parking availability drives the capacity for this event
  • Guests are encouraged to travel by foot or bicycle
  • Parking will be provided only if reserved at the time of booking; no additional space will be available without a booking
  • There is no on-street parking available
  • Please patiently follow car parking instructions on arrival
  • Please be considerate of neighbours, fellow road users and guests.

Bad Weather - Rain Check Days

• In the event of bad weather, we will endeavour to inform participants as early as possible; please check our website frequently
  • It is our plan to postpone Saturday events to Sunday at the same time.  If this proves impossible, a full refund will be made.

Event Cancellations & Refunds

• Due to the rapidly changing situation surrounding Covid-19 and public events, the recital may be cancelled or postponed at any time.  A full refund will be made.
  • If you are unable to attend or change your mind, we respectfully request that you do not seek a refund.  We will waive our usual refund conditions at these times.

COVID Secure Protocol, Risk and Liability

• Your booking and attendance at these events confirms agreement with our COVID-Secure Protocol for the protection of guests and adherence to government guidelines
  • Guests not following the protocol will be asked to leave
  • Breinton Recital Society is covered for £5m of public liability insurance
  • However, guests attend at their on risk and we cannot accept any liability for infection contracted at this event.

Anna Fedorova

Born into a family of musicians in Novosibirsk, Russia, Natalia Lomeiko has established herself internationally as a versatile performing artist. 

Since her debut with the Novosibirsk Philharmonic Orchestra at the age of seven, Natalia performed as a soloist with many orchestras, such as the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra under the baton of Lord Menuhin, Philharmonia, Singapore Symphony, New Zealand Symphony, Auckland Philharmonia, Christchurch Symphony, Tokyo Royal Philharmonic, Moscow State Chamber Orchestra, Melbourne Symphony, Adelaide Symphony, St.Petersburg Radio Symphony, Nice Philharmonic, Russian State Philharmonic Orchestra among many others. 

Anna Fedorova

Described by The Strad as a "virtuoso with a truly Romantic temperament",  a violinist and violist Yuri Zhislin enjoys an active and illustrious career as soloist and chamber musician. His performances have taken him to nearly 60 countries around the globe.

A major prize-winner in the 1991 Sarasate International Violin Competition in Spain, Yuri entered the Royal College of Music in London, where he studied with his father and later Dr Andrievsky. In 1993, Yuri became the BBC Radio 2 Young Musician of the Year.

Anna Fedorova

Jamaal Kashim is 13 years old, a harpist at the Royal College of Music Junior Department (RCM JD), studying with Professor Daphne Boden.  He has won numerous prizes at music festivals and other competitions.  This includes both the audience and judges prize at the Silk Street Sinfonia Young Soloist Competition, Junior Musician of the Year at Woking Music Festival twice, Chamber Musician of the Year with his sister Imaan at Woking Music Festival twice, the RCM JD Gordon Turner Harp Prize twice and runner up at the RCM Concerto Competition in 2019.  Jamaal was also awarded the inaugural Junior Musician prize, again with sister Imaan by the Lord Mayor of the City of London in 2019. 

Anna Fedorova

Imaan Kashim is fifteen, a home-schooled student of the Royal College of Music Junior Department (RCM JD) where she studies violin with Professor Viktoria Grigoreva, alongside classical guitar, composition and conducting. 

In recent years, Imaan has been invited to perform at the Weill Recital Hall, Carnegie by the American Festival of Fine Arts, in addition to being selected as finalist for Woking Young Musician, Silk Street Sinfonia’s Senior Concerto Competition, the RCM JD Marjorie Humby Competition and the Haslemere String Competition.

Anna Fedorova

Laura MacDonald is a final year scholar at the Royal Academy of Music studying with Felix Schmidt. She previously studied at the Royal College of Music Junior Department with Michal Kaznowski. A former member of the National Youth Orchestra (NYO), the National Children’s Orchestras, she has played at many of the UK’s major concert halls. More recently she performed as part of the BBC Proms Youth Ensemble at the Last Night of the Proms 2016. Laura is also a passionate chamber musician having attended Pro Corda chamber music school from a young age which included performances at the Wigmore Hall. More recently she has formed a piano trio, the Torridon Trio, with fellow Academy students.