Saturday 8 August 2020
The Carducci String Quartet
"a performance of supreme clarity, focus and precision." Gramophone Magazine
"…playing of constant variety, a masterclass in unanimity of musical purpose." The Strad
"'...the Carducci players displayed a deep and almost familial sense of unity in everything they played… full of life and vitality...extravagantly beautiful...' The Washington Post
Described by The Strad as presenting “a masterclass in unanimity of musical purpose, in which severity could melt seamlessly into charm, and drama into geniality”, the award-winning Carducci Quartet is internationally acclaimed as one of the most accomplished and versatile ensembles of today. Not only mastering the core repertoire, the quartet presents a selection of new works each season and diversifies further with programmes of film music, pop and rock.
Founded in 1997, the ensemble has won numerous international competitions, including the Concert Artists Guild International Competition, and First Prize at Finland’s Kuhmo International Chamber Music Competition. In 2016, they took home a Royal Philharmonic Society Award for their project, Shostakovich15, an immense cycle of Shostakovich’s Quartets performed across the UK, North, and South America with a marathon one-day cycle hosted by Shakespeare’s Globe, London.
Music on arrival (from 3:15 pm)
- musicians and programme to be announced
Main performance (from 4:00 pm)
- Carducci String Quartet
- programme to be announced
- Performances on Saturday with postponement to Sunday in case of bad weather
- Please do not arrive before 3 pm but you are welcome to arrive after this time and enjoy the garden
- First act music will be performed from 3:15 pm
- Main performance from 4 pm for one hour
- Bring your own rugs, deck chairs or borrow one of our blue recital chairs
- Picnics, including food and drink, welcomed
- Advance car park bookings required
- Additional guests, in the same household and vehicle, are welcome on the day; please pay by cash or cheque on arrival. No change will be available
- An outdoor, socially distanced event, following COVID-Secure protocol.
- Tickets are £15 for Adults
- Children, where in the same household group, are free.
- Parking availability drives the capacity for this event
- Guests are encouraged to travel by foot or bicycle
- Parking will be provided only if reserved at the time of booking; no additional space will be available without a booking
- There is no on-street parking available
- Please patiently follow car parking instructions on arrival
- Please be considerate of neighbours, fellow road users and guests.
Bad Weather - Rain Check Days
- In the event of bad weather, we will endeavour to inform participants as early as possible; please check our website frequently
- It is our plan to postpone Saturday events to Sunday at the same time. If this proves impossible, a full refund will be made.
Event Cancellations & Refunds
- Due to the rapidly changing situation surrounding Covid-19 and public events, the recital may be cancelled or postponed at any time. A full refund will be made.
- If you are unable to attend or change your mind, we respectfully request that you do not seek a refund. We will waive our usual refund conditions at these times.
COVID Secure Protocol, Risk and Liability
- Your booking and attendance at these events confirms agreement with our COVID-Secure Protocol for the protection of guests and adherence to government guidelines
- Guests not following the protocol will be asked to leave
- Breinton Recital Society is covered for £5m of public liability insurance
- However, guests attend at their on risk and we cannot accept any liability for infection contracted at this event.