Saturday 27 May 2023 at 7:30 pm
Mariam Batsashvili, piano
Georgian pianist Mariam Batsashvili's impressive list of successes, including winning the first prize at the 10th Franz Liszt Piano Competition and being chosen as a BBC Young Generation Artist, has garnered her international recognition. Batsashvili's musicianship sets her apart, with her ability to connect directly with listeners through her richly-colored sound, thoughtful interpretations, and stunning touch. Her performances with orchestras such as the BBC Symphony Orchestra and BBC National Orchestra of Wales have left audiences moved and enchanted.
This recital was originally scheduled for January; if you had tickets for that date, we will be in touch shortly.
The pianist Mariam Batsashvili gained international recognition at the 10th Franz Liszt Piano Competition in Utrecht 2014. Her musicianship seems to connect directly with one’s heart and her colours of sound, thoughtful interpretations and stupendous touch move and delight her audiences. As BBC New Generation Artist, she made her debuts at the Cheltenham Festival, with the BBC Symphony Orchestra, the BBC National Orchestra of Wales and with the Ulster Orchestra at the BBC Proms. The summer of 2019 saw the release of her first album for Warner Classics and her second album has already been recorded.
- Piano Sonata No. 23 in F minor, Op. 57 “Appassionata”
- Impromptu F minor Op. 142, No. 1, D 935
- Hungarian Rhapsody No. 10
- Après une Lecture du Dante: Fantasia quasi Sonata
- Hungarian Rhapsody No. 14
Updated on 13 December 2022
- This is an indoor recital, following our original, pre-pandemic, format
- Tickets are £23 each; seats are guaranteed but not reserved
- Snacks and drinks (included in ticket price) will be served during the interval
- Prices broadly cover the cost of musicians; your voluntary donation will help us to continue to run these recitals
- Recitals take place at Breinton, Heath House Road, Woking GU22 0RD - get directions
- Car parking is available from 7:00 pm; Doors will open at 7:15 pm; Performance at 7:30 pm
- Parking availability drives the capacity for this event and guests are encouraged to travel by foot, by bicycle, or to share rides
- Tickets must be purchased in advance from this website.
- All ticket sales are final and non-refundable. This means that we cannot return your payment if you are unable to attend an event. Your payment will be refunded in full if we have to cancel a recital. Donations are non-refundable.
- Tickets may be transferred to others. This means that you may give away or sell your tickets to someone else. Tickets are not transferable to another recital or another date.
- If you are unable to attend a recital that you have booked and paid for, we may be able to help you transfer your tickets to another member. If we successfully transfer your ticket to another member, an administrative charge equal to 30% of the ticket price will be payable.