Hyeyoon Park, violin, and Benjamin Grosvenor, piano
Saturday 28 October 2023 at 7:30 pm
No one needs much introduction to Benjamin Grosvenor, the celebrated recitalist who is regarded as one of the most important pianists to emerge in several decades! Gramophone recently acknowledged him as one of the top 50 Best Pianists Ever. But did you know he is also a passionate chamber musician? This time Benjamin returns to Breinton with his violin partner Hyeyoon Park, an outstanding virtuoso with whom he regularly collaborates. What a privilege it will be to hear a true English gem, rarely performed on violin and piano, Lark Ascending by Vaughn Williams.
Tickets will be available from Sunday 13 August; sign up to our newsletter for details.
- Sonata K376
- Distance de fee
- Violin sonata
- Vaughan Williams
- Lark Ascending
- Violin Sonata No 3
Hyeyoon Park is an artist of outstanding focus and virtuosity, combining effortlessly rich sonority with musical integrity. The youngest ever winner of the ARD International Music Competition in Munich in 2009, she is in demand as both a soloist and chamber musician.
Forthcoming highlights this season include performances of Beethoven’s Violin Concerto at the opening of the Night Serenades International Music Festival, Georgia and Paul Klee Centre, Bern.
British pianist Benjamin Grosvenor is internationally recognized for his sonorous lyricism and understated brilliance at the keyboard. His virtuosic interpretations are underpinned by a unique balance of technical mastery and intense musicality. Grosvenor is regarded as one of the most important pianists to emerge in several decades, with Gramophone recently acknowledging him as one of the top 50 pianists ever on record.
Concerto highlights in the 23/24 season include his much-anticipated debuts with DSO Berlin and Iceland Symphony Orchestra featuring Busoni’s Piano Concerto in the composer’s anniversary year.
- This is an indoor recital, following our original, pre-pandemic, format
- Tickets are £27 each; seats are guaranteed but not reserved
- Car parking is included
- Snacks and drinks (included in ticket price) will be served during the interval
- Prices broadly cover the cost of musicians; your voluntary donation will help us to continue to run these recitals
- Recitals take place at Breinton, Heath House Road, Woking GU22 0RD - get directions
- Car parking is available from 7:00 pm; Doors will open at 7:15 pm; Performance at 7:30 pm
- Parking availability drives the capacity for this event and guests are encouraged to travel by foot, by bicycle, or to share rides
- Tickets must be purchased in advance from this website.
- All ticket sales are final and non-refundable. This means that we cannot return your payment if you are unable to attend an event. Your payment will be refunded in full if we have to cancel a recital. Donations are non-refundable.
- Tickets may be transferred to others. This means that you may give away or sell your tickets to someone else. Tickets are not transferable to another recital or another date.
- If you are unable to attend a recital that you have booked and paid for, we may be able to help you transfer your tickets to another member. If we successfully transfer your ticket to another member, an administrative charge equal to 30% of the ticket price will be payable.
- Attendees may be captured in recital audio, still, or video recordings; please let us know if you do not consent or wish to be excluded from marketing materials.