Llŷr Williams, solo piano
Saturday 14 October 2023 at 7:30 pm
Folksy Trips around Europe
Welsh pianist Llŷr Williams, a former BBC New Generation Artist and Borltetti-Buitoni Trust award recipient, is a recitalist, chamber musician and concerto soloist widely admired for his profound musical intelligence and expressive interpretations. He regularly appears at major concert halls and festivals throughout Britain and beyond and is currently Artist-in-Association at the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama. Llŷr will take us through an enchanting and uniquely exciting folk-themed journey of treasured pieces by a wide range of composers.
Tickets will be available from Sunday 13 August; sign up to our newsletter for details.
Welsh pianist Llŷr Williams is widely admired for his profound musical intelligence, and for the expressive and communicative nature of his interpretations. He has performed with all the major UK orchestras under conductors including Michael Tilson Thomas, Jiří Bělohlávek, Carlo Rizzi, Vasily Petrenko, Jaime Martín, Osmo Vanska , Joseph Swensen, Grant Llewellyn and Jac Van Steen, and he has a particularly longstanding relationship with the BBC National Orchestra of Wales, with whom he has in recent seasons performed concertos ranging from Mozart and Beethoven to Bartók and Mathias.
- Romanian Folk Dances for piano
- Polonaise in F-sharp minor
- Piano Sonata
- From ‘Lyric Pieces’
- Folk-Song Preludes
- From ‘Iberia’
- Hungarian Rhapsody no.12
- This is an indoor recital, following our original, pre-pandemic, format
- Tickets are £23 each; seats are guaranteed but not reserved
- Car parking is included
- Snacks and drinks (included in ticket price) will be served during the interval
- Prices broadly cover the cost of musicians; your voluntary donation will help us to continue to run these recitals
- Recitals take place at Breinton, Heath House Road, Woking GU22 0RD - get directions
- Car parking is available from 7:00 pm; Doors will open at 7:15 pm; Performance at 7:30 pm
- Parking availability drives the capacity for this event and guests are encouraged to travel by foot, by bicycle, or to share rides
- Tickets must be purchased in advance from this website.
- All ticket sales are final and non-refundable. This means that we cannot return your payment if you are unable to attend an event. Your payment will be refunded in full if we have to cancel a recital. Donations are non-refundable.
- Tickets may be transferred to others. This means that you may give away or sell your tickets to someone else. Tickets are not transferable to another recital or another date.
- If you are unable to attend a recital that you have booked and paid for, we may be able to help you transfer your tickets to another member. If we successfully transfer your ticket to another member, an administrative charge equal to 30% of the ticket price will be payable.
- Attendees may be captured in recital audio, still, or video recordings; please let us know if you do not consent or wish to be excluded from marketing materials.