Chloë Hanslip, violin
Danny Driver, piano
Friday 5 January 2024 at 7:30 pm
Violinist Chlöe Hanslip, an established artist who shot to stardom on the international stage from her native Surrey, and pianist Danny Driver, her regular duo partner and a Gramaphone Award nominated artist, will open the 2024 year at Breinton. Prodigiously talented, Chlöe made her BBC Proms debut at age fourteen and her US concerto debut at fifteen. Danny, a familiar artist at Breinton, is her ideal co-creator of musical magic. What a privilege to start the new year with their fascinating programme of Bach, Stravinsky, Prokofiev, Pärt and Ravel.
Tickets are available now, price £23 each:
Pianist Danny Driver is recognised internationally as an artist of sophistication, insight and musical depth. His studies at Cambridge University and the Royal College of Music inspired his holistic approach to performance, from which he derives a vibrant brand of programming that he brings to concert halls and music festivals across the UK, Europe, Asia and North America. His breadth of repertoire and musical curiosity are also reflected in his recordings for Hyperion, in which he has explored both mainstream and neglected music from the baroque period through to the present day, recently releasing Ligeti’s complete Études for Piano to widespread international acclaim.
Chloë Hanslip (b. 1987) has already established herself as an artist of distinction on the international stage. Prodigiously talented, she made her BBC Proms debut at fourteen and her US concerto debut at fifteen and has performed at major venues in the UK (Royal Festival Hall, Wigmore Hall), Europe (Vienna Musikverein, Hamburg Laeiszhalle, Paris Louvre and Salle Gaveau, St Petersburg Hermitage) as well as Carnegie Hall, Metropolitan Arts Space in Tokyo and the Seoul Arts Centre.
- Sonata in E major
- Divertimento The Fairy's Kiss
- Cinq Mélodies
- Arvo Pärt
- Spiegel im Spiegel
- Sonata for Violin and Piano Blues
- This is an indoor recital, following our original, pre-pandemic, format
- Tickets are £23 each; seats are guaranteed but not reserved
- Car parking is included
- Snacks and drinks (included in ticket price) will be served during the interval
- Prices broadly cover the cost of musicians; your voluntary donation will help us to continue to run these recitals
- Recitals take place at Breinton, Heath House Road, Woking GU22 0RD - get directions
- Car parking is available from 7:00 pm; Doors will open at 7:15 pm; Performance at 7:30 pm
- Parking availability drives the capacity for this event and guests are encouraged to travel by foot, by bicycle, or to share rides
- Tickets must be purchased in advance from this website.
- All ticket sales are final and non-refundable. This means that we cannot return your payment if you are unable to attend an event. Your payment will be refunded in full if we have to cancel a recital. Donations are non-refundable.
- Tickets may be transferred to others. This means that you may give away or sell your tickets to someone else. Tickets are not transferable to another recital or another date.
- If you are unable to attend a recital that you have booked and paid for, we may be able to help you transfer your tickets to another member. If we successfully transfer your ticket to another member, an administrative charge equal to 30% of the ticket price will be payable.
- Attendees may be captured in recital audio, still, or video recordings; please let us know if you do not consent or wish to be excluded from marketing materials.