Our events are conditional on government regulations on public events.
Update 27 June
Following the government's announcements regarding the relaxation of some lockdown measures, we are intending to organise the Summer at Breinton events as planned. As we understand it, the latest changes amount to 'guidance' with only limited aspects enacted in law. The GOV.UK website section on the "visitor economy" contains the following wording which we believe applies to us:
|Government Guidelines on "Steps that will usually be needed"||Our Response|
By attending one of our recitals, guests agree to the following COVID-Secure Protocols:
- Guest social distancing: please follow government guidance at all times while attending this event
- Household bubbles: guest should sit in groups according to their household; you should not sit with or mix with other household groups unless at social distance
- There will be no refreshments; guests are welcome to bring your own
- All rubbish must be taken away with you at the end of the recitals
- Guests are requested to avoid the use of toilets to the extent possible
- A bathroom will be made available above the garage
- Individual hand flannels will be provided
- Please use the wipes provided to clean any surfaces or spills
- Hand soap and hand sanitiser will be available.
- The use of face masks or coverings is encouraged
- No guests will be permitted to enter the house at any time.
We have performed a risk assessment of all aspects of these events and continue to update this on a regular and as needed basis. Copies are available on request.
Breinton Recital Society has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, the Society cannot guarantee that you or your guests will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attending our events could increase your risk of contracting COVID-19.
By attending our events, you acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that you may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. You understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of yourself and others, including, but not limited to, Society volunteers, musicians, and event participants and their families.
You voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to yourself (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that you may experience or incur in connection with your attendance at the event. You agree to release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless the Society, its volunteers, musicians, agents, and representatives, of and from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. You understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of the Society, its volunteers, musicians, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in any event.
For the purposes of this event, the Smith-Gordon family are considered volunteers and or agents of Breinton Recital Society and the house and grounds are facilities rented by the Society. The event is organised by Breinton Recital Society not the Smith-Gordon family, who have no responsibility for the event nor for your attendance at the event.
Parking is at your own risk. Breinton Recital Society accepts no responsibility for the safety of the driver or your passengers, nor for the security of your vehicle or its contents.